ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) – San Francisco-based Williams-Sonoma is receiving a warm welcome in Arlington by way of an attractive incentive package approved by city leaders.
The company will open a regional distribution center in the 4900 block of Sherry Street, in south Arlington. They will be investing between $15 and $20 million into the project.
In exchange for coming to Arlington the company will receive a seven-year grant equal to 65percent of their business personal property value (i.e. furniture, supplies, equipment) and 50-percent of the company’s taxable inventory.
In addition Williams-Sonoma will receive a $100,000 grant for local hires. The company will get $1,000 for every local employee, and $2,000 for every local manager hired.
City of Arlington spokeswoman, Sana Sayed said, “This is showing that we’re bringing in companies that have incentives to make Arlington residents a priority.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Warehouse Collapses After Plastic Containers Catch Fire
- 100 Days In, Trumps Says He’s Brought About ‘Profound Change’
- Cowboys Stick With Draft Plan In Search For Defensive Star
- 4 Dead, Dozens Injured After Tornado Rips Through Van Zandt County
- Fort Worth Police Respond To Active Shooting; 1 In Custody
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures