Arlington Welcomes Williams-Sonoma With Incentive Package
ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) – San Francisco-based Williams-Sonoma is receiving a warm welcome in Arlington by way of an attractive incentive package approved by city leaders.
The company will open a regional distribution center in the 4900 block of Sherry Street, in south Arlington. They will be investing between $15 and $20 million into the project.
In exchange for coming to Arlington the company will receive a seven-year grant equal to 65percent of their business personal property value (i.e. furniture, supplies, equipment) and 50-percent of the company’s taxable inventory.
In addition Williams-Sonoma will receive a $100,000 grant for local hires. The company will get $1,000 for every local employee, and $2,000 for every local manager hired.
City of Arlington spokeswoman, Sana Sayed said, “This is showing that we’re bringing in companies that have incentives to make Arlington residents a priority.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- ‘Team America’ Screenings Also Pulled From Local Theaters
- 5 NFL Week 16 Locks Against The Spread
- Baylor Not A Texas-Sized Draw For Cotton Bowl Tickets
- 3.2 Mil Expected To Travel Through DFW Airport Over Holiday Season
- CBS 11’s Karen Borta Is Moving To Mornings
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures