Astronaut Puts Space Items Up For Auction
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - Astronaut Alan Bean is offering artifacts at a Dallas auction that were with him when he walked on the moon.
Items offered Wednesday by Heritage Auctions include a pen and scissors the Apollo 12 lunar module pilot used during his 1969 moonwalk, along with a cloth waist strap with traces of moon dust.
Heritage space memorabilia consultant Howard Weinberger says items that have been on the moon with an astronaut are “by far the most highly sought after and significant.”
Bean was also offering other artifacts used in the lunar module or the command module, including a stainless steel timer.
The items are part of the Heritage’s space exploration auction, which also includes a microform copy of the Bible flown to the moon’s surface aboard Apollo 14.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- One Dead Two Injured After Overnight Burglary
- Police Confirm Body Found Is That Of Missing Woman
- Playground Equipment May Be Too Hot To Handle
- Ft. Worth Doctor With Ebola Has Church’s Prayers
- John Wiley Price’s Pastor and Church Stand Behind Him
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures