Explosion, Fire At Chemical Plant in Ellis County
ELLIS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews have responded to an explosion at a chemical plant in Ellis County.
Officials say firefighters were also battling a fire at that location.
The Penco chemical plant, located on Highway 34, has been evacuated, according to Joshua Hischman from Ellis County Emergency Management Services.
Matt Zajic (@ZajicMatt) May 14, 2014
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the explosion is under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Popular Lewisville Lake Spot Surviving The Flood So Far
- Dangerous Swift Water Rescues The Result Of Bad Choices
- North Texan Killed In Flash Flooding Friday
- Bill Allowing Open Carry Of Handguns Clears Legislature
- Water Could Leave Lake Ray Roberts Spillway For First Time
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures