ELLIS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews have responded to an explosion at a chemical plant in Ellis County.
Officials say firefighters were also battling a fire at that location.
The Penco chemical plant, located on Highway 34, has been evacuated, according to Joshua Hischman from Ellis County Emergency Management Services.
Matt Zajic (@ZajicMatt) May 14, 2014
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the explosion is under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Military Widow Slams Trump & His University At DNC
- Last Charge Dropped Against Anti-Abortion Duo Behind Videos
- Powerball Jackpot $422 Million After Months Without Winner
- Dallas Man Sentenced To Jail For Sabotaging Citibank Computers
- Chaos Erupts Between Texas Delegation’s Clinton & Sanders Supporters
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures