ELLIS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews have responded to an explosion at a chemical plant in Ellis County.
Officials say firefighters were also battling a fire at that location.
The Penco chemical plant, located on Highway 34, has been evacuated, according to Joshua Hischman from Ellis County Emergency Management Services.
Matt Zajic (@ZajicMatt) May 14, 2014
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the explosion is under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Healthier, Fresher Cafeteria Options In Keller ISD
- Study: Elimination Of Texas Toll Roads Would Cost $24B
- Mother Arrested For Leaving Baby In Car During Eye Exam
- Wednesday’s Warriors: Ryan Mims Update
- Homicide Detectives Investigating Elderly Woman’s Death
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures