ELLIS COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – Emergency crews have responded to an explosion at a chemical plant in Ellis County.
Officials say firefighters were also battling a fire at that location.
The Penco chemical plant, located on Highway 34, has been evacuated, according to Joshua Hischman from Ellis County Emergency Management Services.
Matt Zajic (@ZajicMatt) May 14, 2014
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the explosion is under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stars Fall To Capitals In Overtime 4-3
- New Wave Of Sightings Marks Ongoing Effort To Capture Plano’s Stray Dogs
- British Prime Minister Theresa May To Visit Trump Friday
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures