TULSA, Okla. (AP) – An American Airlines flight en route from Arkansas to Dallas has made an emergency landing in Tulsa after the pilot reported mechanical issues onboard the plane.
Tulsa International Airport spokeswoman Alexis Higgins says the MD-80 carrying 142 passengers landed at about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday at Tulsa International Airport. Live footage from Tulsa television station KOTV showed the plane making a low pass and circling the airport before landing on the runway.
Higgins says the plane is being towed to the terminal so passengers can disembark.
She referred questions about the mechanical problems to American Airlines, which did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
The plane was traveling from Little Rock, Arkansas, to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Brady Leads Patriots Back To Super Bowl With Win Over Steelers 36-17
- Ground Stop Lifted, United Airlines Flights Set To Resume
- Falcons Dominate Packers 44-21 For NFC Title
- Anderson, Nowitzki Help Mavericks Rout Lakers 122-73
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Shooting At San Antonio Mall
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures