TULSA, Okla. (AP) – An American Airlines flight en route from Arkansas to Dallas has made an emergency landing in Tulsa after the pilot reported mechanical issues onboard the plane.
Tulsa International Airport spokeswoman Alexis Higgins says the MD-80 carrying 142 passengers landed at about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday at Tulsa International Airport. Live footage from Tulsa television station KOTV showed the plane making a low pass and circling the airport before landing on the runway.
Higgins says the plane is being towed to the terminal so passengers can disembark.
She referred questions about the mechanical problems to American Airlines, which did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
The plane was traveling from Little Rock, Arkansas, to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Large Hail Batters North Texas During Severe Storms
- Teens Barred From United Flight For Wearing Leggings Sparks Backlash
- 5 Things: Sweet 16 And Elite 8 Weekend
- Maye’s Last Second Shot Sends UNC To Final Four With 75-73 Win Over Kentucky
- South Carolina Beats Florida 77-70, Makes First Trip To Final Four
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures