TULSA, Okla. (AP) – An American Airlines flight en route from Arkansas to Dallas has made an emergency landing in Tulsa after the pilot reported mechanical issues onboard the plane.
Tulsa International Airport spokeswoman Alexis Higgins says the MD-80 carrying 142 passengers landed at about 12:45 p.m. Wednesday at Tulsa International Airport. Live footage from Tulsa television station KOTV showed the plane making a low pass and circling the airport before landing on the runway.
Higgins says the plane is being towed to the terminal so passengers can disembark.
She referred questions about the mechanical problems to American Airlines, which did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
The plane was traveling from Little Rock, Arkansas, to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Steve Bannon Out As White House Chief Strategist
- Six Flags Over Texas Pulls All Non-American Flags Including Confederate States Flag
- Texas Unemployment Rate Improves To 4.3 Percent, Same As US
- Body Of Missing Fisherman Recovered From Trinity River
- Dallas Woman In ID Thefts Gets 10 years In Nigeria Cars Scam
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures