Ailing Rangers: Losing Record And 13 Players On DL
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers are really hurting.
At 20-21, the Rangers have a losing record this late in a season for the first time since 2009.
Left-handed starters Martin Perez and Matt Harrison are the latest players on a crowded disabled list. The Rangers have 13 players on the disabled list, easily the most in the majors.
General manager Jon Daniels says the “sheer number of injuries” is startling. Just more than one-fourth of the way through the regular season, Texas has already used 38 players — 22 of those who have pitched. No team has used more.
The Rangers, fourth in the AL West and five games behind leading Oakland, were off Thursday after losing two of three at Houston
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals Even Up World Series; Giants Not Worried
- North Texas Cities Could Face Tighter Watering Restrictions
- Bank Of America To Refund Apple Pay Customers Charged Twice
- Obama Shows Support For Presbyterian Hospital, Where Revenue Plummets
- Texas Task Force Offers Plans To Stop Ebola Spread
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures