ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers are really hurting.
At 20-21, the Rangers have a losing record this late in a season for the first time since 2009.
Left-handed starters Martin Perez and Matt Harrison are the latest players on a crowded disabled list. The Rangers have 13 players on the disabled list, easily the most in the majors.
General manager Jon Daniels says the “sheer number of injuries” is startling. Just more than one-fourth of the way through the regular season, Texas has already used 38 players — 22 of those who have pitched. No team has used more.
The Rangers, fourth in the AL West and five games behind leading Oakland, were off Thursday after losing two of three at Houston
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Body Recovered From Sunday Drowning
- Vigil Held For Aledo Teen Who Died After Basketball Practice
- Mansfield Acknowleding Painful Past
- Court: Texas Death Row Inmate May Have Faked Mental Illness
- Up To 2,000 Fans Greet HGTV Stars In The Colony
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures