Ailing Rangers: Losing Record And 13 Players On DL
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers are really hurting.
At 20-21, the Rangers have a losing record this late in a season for the first time since 2009.
Left-handed starters Martin Perez and Matt Harrison are the latest players on a crowded disabled list. The Rangers have 13 players on the disabled list, easily the most in the majors.
General manager Jon Daniels says the “sheer number of injuries” is startling. Just more than one-fourth of the way through the regular season, Texas has already used 38 players — 22 of those who have pitched. No team has used more.
The Rangers, fourth in the AL West and five games behind leading Oakland, were off Thursday after losing two of three at Houston
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Garland Attack; White House Weighs In
- Happy Birthday To ‘The Say Hey Kid': Willie Mays’ Top 5 Moments
- Texas A&M Commit Kyler Murray Announces Exit From MLB Draft
- Grand Jury Hearing Evidence In Grapevine Shooting Of Immigrant
- GOP White House Campaigns Star Clinton
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures