Cleveland Browns Sign Former Pro Bowl Cowboys WR Miles Austin
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) — Miles Austin remains a relative Cowboys success story as an undrafted free agent who became a Pro Bowler. But hamstring injuries limited him in Dallas and his post-June 1 designation as a cut has freed him to sign with Cleveland.
The Browns announced Thursday the signing of Austin, who finished his Cowboys career with 301 receptions for 4,481 yards and 34 touchdowns, and, in ’09 and ’10, back-to-back Pro Bowl appearances.
Last weekend, Cleveland drafted Johnny Manziel but lost his potential top target in receiver Josh Gordon, who is facing a drug-related suspension.
As a post June 1 designee, Austin’s release creates $5.5 million of Dallas salary-cap room.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jerry: Forbes’ $3B Valuation Hasn’t Helped On Field
- Keidel: Jim Kelly’s Final Score
- Ice Bucket Challenge May Change Nonprofits
- The 5 Biggest Athletic Endorsement Deals In The Last 10 Years
- Report: Mavs Finalizing Deal To Bring Back Bernard James
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures