Cleveland Browns Sign Former Pro Bowl Cowboys WR Miles Austin
IRVING, Texas (105.3 THE FAN) — Miles Austin remains a relative Cowboys success story as an undrafted free agent who became a Pro Bowler. But hamstring injuries limited him in Dallas and his post-June 1 designation as a cut has freed him to sign with Cleveland.
The Browns announced Thursday the signing of Austin, who finished his Cowboys career with 301 receptions for 4,481 yards and 34 touchdowns, and, in ’09 and ’10, back-to-back Pro Bowl appearances.
Last weekend, Cleveland drafted Johnny Manziel but lost his potential top target in receiver Josh Gordon, who is facing a drug-related suspension.
As a post June 1 designee, Austin’s release creates $5.5 million of Dallas salary-cap room.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Haltom City Neighbors Upset Of Property Purchase By Televangelist
- Fort Worth Family Says Someone Shot Dog In Their Backyard
- Obama Commutes Sentences For 22 Drug Convicts, Including Dallas Man
- Fujikawa Fails To Get Any Outs As Rangers Lose To Cubs 15-10
- Diamondbacks Beat Rangers 8-7
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures