HOUSTON (AP) – New Texas parents aren’t exactly in step with the national trend in baby names.
The Social Security Administration has announced Jacob was tops for Texas boy infants in 2013. That’s No. 3 on the national list released last week by the federal agency.
The top name for newborn Texas girls was Sophia, which also tops the national survey.
The most popular boys’ names in Texas were Jacob, Jayden, Noah — which is No. 1 nationally — Ethan and then Daniel. Only Jacob and Noah are top five nationally, which also included Liam, Mason and William.
For girls in Texas, the list released Wednesday shows Sophia is followed by Emma, Isabella, Mia and Olivia. Isabella was No. 4 nationally and Olivia No. 3. Ava was No. 5 on the U.S. list.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chicago Fire Score Twice In First 10 Minutes To Beat FC Dallas 2-1
- 100 Years After JFK’s Birth, Descendants Discuss His Legacy
- Texas OKs Excusing Assault Victims From Campus Punishment
- Warriors Coach Steve Kerr Not Yet Ready To Return To Bench
- 3-Way Tie At Colonial; 2-Time Champs 2 Back, Spieth Even
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures