HOUSTON (AP) – New Texas parents aren’t exactly in step with the national trend in baby names.
The Social Security Administration has announced Jacob was tops for Texas boy infants in 2013. That’s No. 3 on the national list released last week by the federal agency.
The top name for newborn Texas girls was Sophia, which also tops the national survey.
The most popular boys’ names in Texas were Jacob, Jayden, Noah — which is No. 1 nationally — Ethan and then Daniel. Only Jacob and Noah are top five nationally, which also included Liam, Mason and William.
For girls in Texas, the list released Wednesday shows Sophia is followed by Emma, Isabella, Mia and Olivia. Isabella was No. 4 nationally and Olivia No. 3. Ava was No. 5 on the U.S. list.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Grand Prairie Police Investigate Fatal Shooting At Sports Bar
- Scout Leader Remembered As Loving Mother, Generous Volunteer
- Churches Gather To Pray For The City Of Dallas
- Hamels Picks Up 11th Win, Rangers Top Royals 7-4
- Shooting At Texas Apartment Leaves Four Dead
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures