Longview Woman Arrested After Posing As 15-Year Old Student
LONGVIEW, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Officials at a private school in east Texas were shocked to find out that a sophomore student was actually a grown woman.
New Life Christian School was alerted this week that 15-year-old student Charity Stevens was actually 34-year old Charity Anne Johnson.
Her age came to light when she refused to leave the home of a lady who’d been helping her, and had even enrolled her at the local private school in October last year.
Longview Police Spokeswoman Deborah Stiles said Johnson gave officers the name “Charity Stevens”, the same alias Johnson used to enroll at New Life Christian School.
Johnson was arrested for failure to identify/giving false, fictitious information. She remains in the Gregg County Jail on $500 bond.
These is no word on why she was posing as a teenager. The school isn’t commenting.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texan Arrested After Taking Loaded Guns To 9/11 Memorial
- I-Team: Uber Driver Accused Of Rape Used Fake City Permit
- Dallas Arboretum Offers $1 Admission Through August
- Police Department Seizes Bike Team’s Legally Registered Trailer
- Lockbox Full Of Animal Drugs Missing In Irving
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures