IRVING, Texas (AP) – Scott Linehan wanted a reunion with Dallas coach Jason Garrett, which is why he’s the passing game coordinator for the Cowboys.
Now the former Detroit offensive coordinator is waiting to see how the live version of Tony Romo matches with what he remembers from the opposing sideline and what he’s seen on film.
Linehan says Romo has been “a little bit slow” in offseason training sessions coming off his second back surgery in eight months after a herniated disk knocked him out of the last game of 2013.
The Cowboys have their third play-caller in as many years with Linehan. The same goes for defensive coordinator, with Rod Marinelli replacing the demoted Monte Kiffin.
Dallas opened a two-day rookie minicamp Friday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UT Arlington Beats Troy For Share Of Sun Belt Title
- Plan For Muslim Cemetery Closer To Approval In Collin County
- Questions Remain After Dallas Woman Found Dead Inside Deputy’s Home
- Frisco Students Turn Trash Into Musical Treasures
- Smoking Ban In City Parks Begins March 1
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures