IRVING, Texas (AP) – Scott Linehan wanted a reunion with Dallas coach Jason Garrett, which is why he’s the passing game coordinator for the Cowboys.
Now the former Detroit offensive coordinator is waiting to see how the live version of Tony Romo matches with what he remembers from the opposing sideline and what he’s seen on film.
Linehan says Romo has been “a little bit slow” in offseason training sessions coming off his second back surgery in eight months after a herniated disk knocked him out of the last game of 2013.
The Cowboys have their third play-caller in as many years with Linehan. The same goes for defensive coordinator, with Rod Marinelli replacing the demoted Monte Kiffin.
Dallas opened a two-day rookie minicamp Friday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Analysts Say GOP Bill Leaves 23m More Uninsured
- Denton Police Investigating Multiple Sexual Assaults Near UNT
- Pregame Baseball Nuggets: Beltre Update, Sale vs Perez & More
- Voucher Standoff Could Doom Texas School Finance Fix
- Lakewood Neighbors Rally Around 4-Year-Old With Cancer
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures