Original Art Of Wolverine Goes Up For Auction
DALLAS (AP) — The original art for the first appearance of Wolverine, a ferocious fighting mutant with a penchant for beer and cigars, is to be sold at auction in Dallas.
Heritage Auctions will offer the ink, graphite and blue pencil drawing Friday. It’s expected to sell for more than $240,000.
A majority of the after-tax proceeds will benefit the Hero Initiative, a nonprofit that strives to aid comic book creators in times of financial need.
The artwork was drawn by Herb Trimpe 40 years ago for “The Incredible Hulk” No. 180. It was long thought lost until the person Trimpe gave it to in 1983 contacted them about selling it. That person was given the artwork by Trimpe when he visited the comic book artist.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fantasy Baseball Season Is One-Third Over, So What Does Your Team Need To Win?
- Flooding Concerns Continue For Lake Lewisville Residents
- President Obama Signs Texas Disaster Declaration
- Hamilton’s Homers Help Rangers To 7-4 Win Over Red Sox
- Popular Lewisville Lake Spot Surviving The Flood So Far
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures