Paul Casey Shoots 27 On Back Nine At Byron Nelson
IRVING, Texas (AP) – Paul Casey has matched the PGA Tour record for the best score on a back nine, carding an 8-under 27 in the second round at the Byron Nelson Championship.
Casey shot 1 over 36 on the front nine Friday with three bogeys and an eagle. He had six birdies and an eagle on the back nine.
The overall nine-hole scoring record is Corey Pavin’s 8-under 26 on the front nine in the first round of the 2006 U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee in 2006.
Seven other golfers have had 27s on nine holes. The last was Nick Watney on the back nine in the third round of the 2011 AT&T National.
The round of 7-under 63 gave Casey a share of the clubhouse lead at 6 under-134.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Homes Evacuated After Gas Leak In White Settlement
- Report: Texas Population Could Double By 2050
- Blazers Win In 94-75 Victory Over Mavericks
- CO Detectors Installed, Students To Return To Lakewood Elementary
- Man Who Recently Moved To Dallas, Shot While Taking Pictures Of Snow
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures