Paul Casey Shoots 27 On Back Nine At Byron Nelson
IRVING, Texas (AP) – Paul Casey has matched the PGA Tour record for the best score on a back nine, carding an 8-under 27 in the second round at the Byron Nelson Championship.
Casey shot 1 over 36 on the front nine Friday with three bogeys and an eagle. He had six birdies and an eagle on the back nine.
The overall nine-hole scoring record is Corey Pavin’s 8-under 26 on the front nine in the first round of the 2006 U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee in 2006.
Seven other golfers have had 27s on nine holes. The last was Nick Watney on the back nine in the third round of the 2011 AT&T National.
The round of 7-under 63 gave Casey a share of the clubhouse lead at 6 under-134.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Austin Police: Shooter Targets Buildings Downtown
- Texas A&M Run Over By LSU, 23-17
- No. 6 TCU’s 48-10 Romp Leaves Texas Reeling
- No. 5 Baylor till on pace for Big 12 repeat
- Denton Barbers Help Homeless Resident Get New Look
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures