IRVING, Texas (AP) – Paul Casey has matched the PGA Tour record for the best score on a back nine, carding an 8-under 27 in the second round at the Byron Nelson Championship.
Casey shot 1 over 36 on the front nine Friday with three bogeys and an eagle. He had six birdies and an eagle on the back nine.
The overall nine-hole scoring record is Corey Pavin’s 8-under 26 on the front nine in the first round of the 2006 U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee in 2006.
Seven other golfers have had 27s on nine holes. The last was Nick Watney on the back nine in the third round of the 2011 AT&T National.
The round of 7-under 63 gave Casey a share of the clubhouse lead at 6 under-134.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Surging Steelers Still Lucky To Not Face Rodgers
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks
- Patterson Signs New Deal To Stay At TCU Through 2023 Season
- Salvation Army Angel Trees Looking For Donations
- Dallas Police Searching For Murder Suspect
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures