FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth is one step closer to selecting its next city manager.
The city announced a short time ago that it has selected David Cooke at the single finalist for the position.
City officials will now begin negotiating a contract with Cooke, which will ultimately need to be approved by city council.
David Cooke beat out Penny Ferguson to become the lone finalist for the job.
Cooke will replace city manager Tom Higgins, who is retiring.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas ISD & Dallas Parks Training Students To Save Lives
- Texas Marijuana Advocates Push Longshot Bills With Veterans, Moms
- Nordstrom Selling Fake Muddy Jeans For Just $425
- NBA Draft Prospect Profile: De’Aaron Fox
- Mega Millions Ticket Price Going Up, Odds of Winning Going Down
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures