FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth is one step closer to selecting its next city manager.
The city announced a short time ago that it has selected David Cooke at the single finalist for the position.
City officials will now begin negotiating a contract with Cooke, which will ultimately need to be approved by city council.
David Cooke beat out Penny Ferguson to become the lone finalist for the job.
Cooke will replace city manager Tom Higgins, who is retiring.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Baseball Coming To Virtual-Reality Headsets
- Billy Bush Says He’s Ready To Get Back Into Television
- Police: Denver Man Arrested After Castrating Transgender Woman
- Police: Mom Killed 2 Kids To Save Them From Evil In World
- Keidel: Is Lonzo Ball Just A New Kid Or The Next Kidd?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures