FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Fort Worth is one step closer to selecting its next city manager.
The city announced a short time ago that it has selected David Cooke at the single finalist for the position.
City officials will now begin negotiating a contract with Cooke, which will ultimately need to be approved by city council.
David Cooke beat out Penny Ferguson to become the lone finalist for the job.
Cooke will replace city manager Tom Higgins, who is retiring.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Plano Couple Sued Over Yelp Review Now Seeking Six Figures
- Pope Francis Taps Dallas Native To Lead Lubbock Diocese
- Astrodome Saved; Will Be Redeveloped
- Judge To Decide Sentence For Christina Morris Kidnapper
- Fort Worth Officer Injured In Line Of Duty Receives Grant
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures