Body Recovered After Reported Capsizing On Lake Worth
Updated at 8:53 p.m. on Saturday, May 17
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The Fort Worth Fire Department’s dive team recovered the body of an adult male from Lake Worth Saturday evening after he was reported missing 45 minutes earlier.
The man has been identified by family as 50-year-old Donald Kell of Searcy, Arkansas.
Kell was at the lake with friends and family at the time of his death.
Kell reportedly took a rental kayak out onto the water to reset a fishing line about 400 feet out from the shore.
It was then that he fell out of the kayak and went underwater. A family friend tried to swim out and rescue him, but was unsuccessful.
The FWFD dive team reported that the water Kell drowned in was eight feet deep.
Divers reportedly had a somewhat difficult time recovering the body, as they were became entangled in fishing lines in low visibility water.
The recovering of Kell’s body took about 15 minutes, according to fire department spokesman.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Found Guilty Of Stabbing Ex-Wife To Death
- Ranking The Potential NBA 1st Round Match-Ups
- 30 Players: Martinez Ready To Make Mark In Cardinals Rotation
- One Killed After Bridge Collapses On I-35 In Salado, Texas
- Sweet 16: Top Teams, Players And Games To Watch As March Madness Resumes
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures