Body Recovered After Reported Capsizing On Lake Worth
Get Breaking News First
Updated at 8:53 p.m. on Saturday, May 17
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The Fort Worth Fire Department’s dive team recovered the body of an adult male from Lake Worth Saturday evening after he was reported missing 45 minutes earlier.
The man has been identified by family as 50-year-old Donald Kell of Searcy, Arkansas.
Kell was at the lake with friends and family at the time of his death.
Kell reportedly took a rental kayak out onto the water to reset a fishing line about 400 feet out from the shore.
It was then that he fell out of the kayak and went underwater. A family friend tried to swim out and rescue him, but was unsuccessful.
The FWFD dive team reported that the water Kell drowned in was eight feet deep.
Divers reportedly had a somewhat difficult time recovering the body, as they were became entangled in fishing lines in low visibility water.
The recovering of Kell’s body took about 15 minutes, according to fire department spokesman.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Democrat Wendy Davis Says She Would Welcome Obama Visit
- Health Officials Release Chart Of Those Currently Monitored For Ebola
- Dallas Woman In Canada Near Parliament Shooting
- Owners Hope App Will Boost Business In Cone Zone
- Cowboys DeMarco Gives iMacs To O-Linemen
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures