Texas Ranks No. 4 In Top States For Dog Bite Claims
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - At number four, Texas ranks high in a list of the top 10 states for dog bite claims in 2013.
The information was released by State Farm and recently reported by CBS Detroit. State Farm says Texas comes in only behind California, Illinois and Ohio.
In 2013, Texas reportedly counted 207 claims at a cost of $4 million. That’s down from 236 claims and $4.3 million in costs in 2012.
The 2013 results bumped Texas down from the number three spot in 2012.
California holds the number one spot both for 2013 and 2012, and only dropped from 451 to 449 claims over the year.
In total for 2013, State Farm saw 3,700 claims and paid $104 million. That’s up from 3,670 claims in 2012, but down from $108 million in costs.
State Farm estimates that 4.7 million people in the United States are bitten by dogs each year.
Take a look at the 2013 rankings:
1. California — 449 claims | $14.7 million paid
2. Illinois — 309 claims | $8.9 million paid
3. Ohio — 331 claims | $4.2 million paid
4. Texas — 207 claims | $4.0 million paid
5. Pennsylvania — 180 claims | $5.8 million paid
6. Michigan– 162 claims | $3.9 million paid
7. New York — 149 claims | $6.4 million paid
8. Indiana — 146 claims | $3.5 million paid
9. Minnesota — 120 claims | $4.0 million paid
10. Georgia — 106 claims | $2.1 million paid
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jerry: Cowboys LB McClain Doubtful Vs Rams
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell To Break His Silence
- The Wackiest WWE Interview You’ll Ever Hear: Stardust
- Driver Crashes Into Building During Argument With Girlfriend
- Texas A&M QB Hill Has Aggies Off To Perfect Start
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures