Child Drowns In Balch Springs Pond
BALCH SPRINGS (CBSDFW.COM) – A child is dead after, police said, she drowned in a pond in Balch Springs at around 6:25 p.m. on Sunday. The victim has been identified as 9-year-old Tamia Johnson.
According to spokesman Mark Maret, the girl drowned in a pond near Walter E. Luedke Park on Hickory Tree Road.
When officers arrived on scene, they saw multiple people looking for the girl. When firefighters entered the water a short time later, they found the girl at the bottom of the pond.
Maret said that the girl was taken to shore, where first responders preformed CPR. She was then transported by helicopter to a hospital and later pronounced dead.
There are no other details regarding the incident at this time.
- Top Goals, Saves From Stanley Cup Playoffs Round One
- NFL Relinquishing Tax-Exempt Status
- Boxing Insider Talk: Steve Farhood, Boxing Analyst
- Synthetic Marijuana Use Spikes, Concerns Lawmakers
- Kentucky Derby Preview: American Pharoah, Dortmund Favorites To Win
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures