BALCH SPRINGS (CBSDFW.COM) – A child is dead after, police said, she drowned in a pond in Balch Springs at around 6:25 p.m. on Sunday. The victim has been identified as 9-year-old Tamia Johnson.
According to spokesman Mark Maret, the girl drowned in a pond near Walter E. Luedke Park on Hickory Tree Road.
When officers arrived on scene, they saw multiple people looking for the girl. When firefighters entered the water a short time later, they found the girl at the bottom of the pond.
Maret said that the girl was taken to shore, where first responders preformed CPR. She was then transported by helicopter to a hospital and later pronounced dead.
There are no other details regarding the incident at this time.
- Friends Remember Men Allegedly Killed By Teacher
- Justin Timberlake’s Ballot Selfie Highlights Mixed Voting Laws
- World Series Game 2 Start Moved Up An Hour, Rain In Forecast
- DART Approves 2 Expansion Projects At Same Time
- Memorial Planned For Victims Of Fort Worth Double Murder
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures