BALCH SPRINGS (CBSDFW.COM) – A child is dead after, police said, she drowned in a pond in Balch Springs at around 6:25 p.m. on Sunday. The victim has been identified as 9-year-old Tamia Johnson.
According to spokesman Mark Maret, the girl drowned in a pond near Walter E. Luedke Park on Hickory Tree Road.
When officers arrived on scene, they saw multiple people looking for the girl. When firefighters entered the water a short time later, they found the girl at the bottom of the pond.
Maret said that the girl was taken to shore, where first responders preformed CPR. She was then transported by helicopter to a hospital and later pronounced dead.
There are no other details regarding the incident at this time.
- Patriots Open As 3-Point Favorites Over Falcons
- Sierra Nevada Brewery Issues 36-State Recall Of Select Beers
- Trump Begins First Week In Office With Outreach
- Rubio Faces Moment Of Truth On Secretary Of State Vote
- 2 Suspects In Custody In Deadly San Antonio Mall Shooting
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures