Child Drowns In Balch Springs Pond
Get Breaking News First
BALCH SPRINGS (CBSDFW.COM) – A child is dead after, police said, she drowned in a pond in Balch Springs at around 6:25 p.m. on Sunday. The victim has been identified as 9-year-old Tamia Johnson.
According to spokesman Mark Maret, the girl drowned in a pond near Walter E. Luedke Park on Hickory Tree Road.
When officers arrived on scene, they saw multiple people looking for the girl. When firefighters entered the water a short time later, they found the girl at the bottom of the pond.
Maret said that the girl was taken to shore, where first responders preformed CPR. She was then transported by helicopter to a hospital and later pronounced dead.
There are no other details regarding the incident at this time.
- Baylor Student Board Approves Concealed Guns On Campus
- Julie Fisk Reviews ‘This Is Where I Leave You’
- NFL To Partner With Domestic Violence Hotline
- Facebook CEO Wants More Students To Explore Tech
- Orders For Samsung Note 4 Phone Begin Friday
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures