Graduate To Be Nurse In Same Unit Where She Had Heart Surgery
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - It’s so much more than a degree for one Dallas graduate.
In 2012, Shea Clark, 22, went into surgery to fix a heart defect at Medical City Children’s Hospital. She was the patient of Dr. Eric Mendeloff, director of congenital heart surgery.
It was this experience that changed Clark’s life. She decided to become a nurse, and studied at El Centro College’s nursing school.
The graduate is now gearing up to work as an RN in the same unit where she had open heart surgery two years earlier.
“It’s just amazing. To be a part of that after being a patient is phenomenal. I can’t wait to give back, in a way,” she told CBS 11 News.
On Sunday at 3 p.m., Clark received her degree from El Centro College. She will start her job with Medical City Children’s Hospital on July 16.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Looks To Shine Light On Private Campus Police Records
- Police Arrest Teenager For Beating Of Woman in Dallas Park
- Many Fear Oak Cliff Progression Will Out Price Locals
- Former Dallas City Council Candidate Arrested For Vandalism
- JetBlue Pilot Who Yelled During Flight Over Texas Sues Airline For $16M
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures