Record-Breaking Attendance Recorded At Dallas Comic Con
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) - Nearly 50,000 super hero fans flocked the Dallas Convention Center this weekend for the Dallas Comic Con – easily setting an attendance record for the three day event.
Organizers moved the event this year to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center in downtown Dallas after last year filling the smaller Irving convention center to capacity.
“The growth of this show at some level is mirroring what’s happening in the whole comic industry,” said the event’s organizer, Steve Menzie. “But this show in particular we had massive growth year over year.”
With the move to downtown, organizers say the Dallas ComicCon is now the largest comic convention in Texas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ft. Worth Doctor With Ebola Has Church’s Prays
- One Dead Two Injured After Overnight Burglary
- John Wiley Price’s Pastor and Church Stand Behind Him
- Police Confirm Body Found Is That Of Missing Woman
- Tribute Flag Found At Flea Market Given To Soldier’s Mother
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures