DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The ban on texting and driving in Denton goes into effect Tuesday. The city council also voted to ban smartphone use while driving.
A grace period will remain in effect until mid-July.
Police could start ticketing drivers for texting though, as soon as tomorrow.
Violators could face up to a $200 fine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Faedo Fabulous Again, Florida Beats TCU To Go To CWS Finals
- Restaurant Owner, Teen Daughter Attacked Over Cold Chicken
- Residents Clean Up After Night Of Storms, Power Outages
- Social Media Helps Police Find Man Who Saved Child From Drowning
- Bibens-Dirkx Pitches Rangers Past Yankees 8-1
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures