Ban On Texting And Driving In Effect Soon
Get Breaking News First
DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) - The ban on texting and driving in Denton goes into effect Tuesday. The city council also voted to ban smartphone use while driving.
A grace period will remain in effect until mid-July.
Police could start ticketing drivers for texting though, as soon as tomorrow.
Violators could face up to a $200 fine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Fares Back On Orbitz After Deal
- College Football Announces Championship Weekend Events
- Rangers Place Adduci On Concussion DL, Call Up Rua
- Garage Explosion Kills 1, Injures Another
- Federal Judge Halts Key Part Of Texas Abortion Law
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures