DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The ban on texting and driving in Denton goes into effect Tuesday. The city council also voted to ban smartphone use while driving.
A grace period will remain in effect until mid-July.
Police could start ticketing drivers for texting though, as soon as tomorrow.
Violators could face up to a $200 fine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- BP Chairman Who Presided Over Gulf Spill Announces Retirement
- Aaron Taylor: Best Case Scenario For SDSU Would Be Everyone Having One Loss
- Ezekiel Elliott Camp ‘Knows Nothing’ About NFL Compromise Talk
- NFL To Give Away 500 Tickets To February’s Super Bowl
- Oklahoma State Brings Nation’s Top Offense To Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures