DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The ban on texting and driving in Denton goes into effect Tuesday. The city council also voted to ban smartphone use while driving.
A grace period will remain in effect until mid-July.
Police could start ticketing drivers for texting though, as soon as tomorrow.
Violators could face up to a $200 fine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Corn Spilled Across Highway After Big Rig Crash In Fort Worth
- Jazz Singer Keely Smith Dies Of Heart Failure At 89
- Lack Of Transparency Clouds Texas Spending After Harvey
- Flames Threaten Coastal Communities As Firefighters Mourn
- Volunteers Place 245,000 Wreaths At Arlington National Cemetery
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures