DENTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The ban on texting and driving in Denton goes into effect Tuesday. The city council also voted to ban smartphone use while driving.
A grace period will remain in effect until mid-July.
Police could start ticketing drivers for texting though, as soon as tomorrow.
Violators could face up to a $200 fine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 3 Levels Of Playoff Clinching For Cowboys This Weekend
- ‘Alt-Right’ Leader Spencer Schedules Speech At Texas A&M, Counter Protest Planned
- Baylor Hires Temple’s Matt Rhule As New Head Coach
- Justices Uphold Katrina Fraud Verdict Against State Farm
- High Court Sides With Samsung In Patent Dispute With Apple
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures