AUSTIN (AP) – Texans have another chance to decide who will help lead state government.
Early voting begins Monday for the May 27 primary runoff election.
Secretary of State Nandita Berry says early voting runs through Friday for GOP and Democratic races from the March 4 primaries where no candidate had a majority.
Republican voters will decide whether Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, who wants to keep the job he’s had since 2003, or State Sen. Dan Patrick should advance. Dewhurst lost by 13 percentage points to Patrick in the primary.
The winner faces Democratic state Sen. Leticia Van De Putte of San Antonio in the November election.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- DMV Changing Vehicle Registration Fees In 2017
- Giant Fireball After 2 Freight Trains Collide In Texas
- Justices To Hear Dispute Over Deaf Driver Education In Texas
- FDA Approves First Pill To Treat All Forms Of Hepatitis C
- Senate Democrats Block GOP’s Zika Funding Bill
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures