AUSTIN (AP) — State Sen. Dan Patrick has reported raising more than $4 million in just a couple of months as he tries unseating Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst in next week’s GOP primary runoff.
The tea party favorite from Houston said Monday that total encompass contributions between Feb. 23 and this past weekend.
Patrick reported spending $3.75 million on statewide media advertising and says he has $400,000 in cash on-hand remaining before the May 27 election. Early voting began Monday.
Dewhurst hasn’t released his fundraising totals, but promised Monday that “our numbers will be a little bit higher” than Patrick’s.
In office since 2003, Dewhurst has in the past spent generously from his personal fortune for his campaigns.
The primary winner faces Democratic state Sen. Leticia Van de Putte in November.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Red Oak Fire Department Sets Up Fund For Deceased Teacher’s Family
- I-Team: Underground Gas Lines Damaged Often
- Norma’s Cafe In Oak Cliff Serves Free Thanksgiving Meals
- Mom Sues Over Son Being Kicked Off School Bus Along Busy Highway
- Fantasy Football: Panthers Vs. Cowboys – Who To Play, Who To Pass
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures