Man Walking Across US To Support Wounded Warriors Stops In DFW
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – He’s on one heck of a trek! Josh Lydell is walking a whopping 2800 miles across the U.S. and he’s doing it for wounded soldiers.
Lydell started his east to west cross-country walk from Charleston, South Carolina in March and plans to walk all the way to San Francisco, California.
His goal is to raise awareness and $100,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. Lydell is not a veteran himself – but he has friends who have served in the armed forces.
“I’m not asking any one person to donate a million dollars,” Josh stated on his fundraising webpage “I’m asking one million people to donate just one. Help me give our heroes a fighting chance.”
He says he’s averaging around 20 miles a day. People can pledge amounts online through his page.
Online: The Warrior Walk
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Jerry: Cowboys LB McClain Doubtful Vs Rams
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell To Break His Silence
- The Wackiest WWE Interview You’ll Ever Hear: Stardust
- Driver Crashes Into Building During Argument With Girlfriend
- Texas A&M QB Hill Has Aggies Off To Perfect Start
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures