Man Walking Across US To Support Wounded Warriors Stops In DFW
DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – He’s on one heck of a trek! Josh Lydell is walking a whopping 2800 miles across the U.S. and he’s doing it for wounded soldiers.
Lydell started his east to west cross-country walk from Charleston, South Carolina in March and plans to walk all the way to San Francisco, California.
His goal is to raise awareness and $100,000 for the Wounded Warrior Project. Lydell is not a veteran himself – but he has friends who have served in the armed forces.
“I’m not asking any one person to donate a million dollars,” Josh stated on his fundraising webpage “I’m asking one million people to donate just one. Help me give our heroes a fighting chance.”
He says he’s averaging around 20 miles a day. People can pledge amounts online through his page.
Online: The Warrior Walk
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Ex-State Senator, UT Vice Chancellor Farabee Dies
- 11 Indicted In Dallas-Area Drug Ring, Ties To Jail
- Plano Father Killed In Bizarre Drunk Driving Accident
- Irving Man Arrested For Stepson’s Death
- Norfolk State Tops Texas Southern 76-66
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures