Mark Cuban To Serve As Indianapolis 500 Honorary Starter
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban will serve as the honorary starter of the 98th running of the Indianapolis 500 on May 25.
Cuban will wave the green flag to start the field of 33 drivers.
“Whether it’s winning an NBA Championship or the honor of waving the green flag to start the Indianapolis 500, there are certain sporting events that are monumental for any true sports fan,” said Cuban. “I am excited to come back to Indiana, not just to attend, but actually participate in this historic race.”
Cuban brings a local flare to the race, having graduated from Indiana University in 1981.
“Mark Cuban brings Indiana ties, a passion for sporting events, and a diverse following of fans around the globe to the flag stand at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway,” said J. Douglas Boles, Indianapolis Motor Speedway president. “His successes and personality are well known in the business and entertainment world and we look forward to watching him wave the green flag to start the 98th Indianapolis 500.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Found Guilty Of Stabbing Ex-Wife To Death
- Ranking The Potential NBA 1st Round Match-Ups
- 30 Players: Martinez Ready To Make Mark In Cardinals Rotation
- One Killed After Bridge Collapses On I-35 In Salado, Texas
- Sweet 16: Top Teams, Players And Games To Watch As March Madness Resumes
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures