More Texas Travel Expected For Memorial Day
IRVING (AP) - Texans planning to hit the road over Memorial Day weekend will likely have plenty of company.
AAA on Monday projected about 3 million Texans will travel 50 miles or more from home Thursday through Memorial Day. That’s about 2 percent more than the number of Texas travelers during the 2013 Memorial Day holiday period.
Doug Shupe with AAA Texas talks about the projected travel numbers.
The association predicts about 2.6 million travelers will make their way next weekend via automobile.
AAA Texas also supports the law enforcement “Click It or Ticket” expanded-enforcement seat belt campaign that began Monday and runs through June 1.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Yu Darvish: ‘I Didn’t Quit On Team’
- Stars Lose Sixth Straight, 3-1 To Ducks
- Suspect Leads FW Police On Chase In Stolen Car
- Plano Could Name Lone Superintendent Finalist Soon
- Jimmie Johnson Pulls Away For Atlanta Sprint Cup Win
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures