Perry Sends Obama Letter Slamming Energy Policies
Get Breaking News First
HOUSTON (AP) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry has written a letter to President Barack Obama slamming his energy policies, EPA regulations and a lack of movement on whether to build a cross-border pipeline to carry crude oil from Canada to Gulf Coast refineries.
The letter is dated Friday. It largely reiterates much of Perry’s long-standing opposition to the Obama administration’s energy policies.
But it comes as a bipartisan energy bill stalled in Congress when GOP Senators demanded a vote on the Keystone XL Canada-to-Texas pipeline and on the EPA’s move to put greenhouse gas regulations on existing coal-fired power plants.
Perry’s letter touts Texas’ economy and what he called the state’s success at having both a robust energy industry and sound environmental regulations.
Perry is considered a possible presidential contender in 2016.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- City Considers Charging To Surrender Pets At Shelter
- Ferguson, Missouri Cops Start Wearing Body Cameras
- Dozens Gather To Remember 6 Killed In Weekend Crash
- Buyers & Renters In The Hunt For North Texas Housing
- Rick Perry Joins List Of Political Social Media “Fails”
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures