Perry Sends Obama Letter Slamming Energy Policies
HOUSTON (AP) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry has written a letter to President Barack Obama slamming his energy policies, EPA regulations and a lack of movement on whether to build a cross-border pipeline to carry crude oil from Canada to Gulf Coast refineries.
The letter is dated Friday. It largely reiterates much of Perry’s long-standing opposition to the Obama administration’s energy policies.
But it comes as a bipartisan energy bill stalled in Congress when GOP Senators demanded a vote on the Keystone XL Canada-to-Texas pipeline and on the EPA’s move to put greenhouse gas regulations on existing coal-fired power plants.
Perry’s letter touts Texas’ economy and what he called the state’s success at having both a robust energy industry and sound environmental regulations.
Perry is considered a possible presidential contender in 2016.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- TCU Improves To 11-0 With 88-57 Win Over UTSA
- Cedar Hill Beats Katy Again For Texas 6A-II Title
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures