LAS VEGAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Southwest Airlines says it will be offering four round-trip flights each day between Las Vegas and Dallas Love Field Airport starting this fall.
The Dallas-based carrier announced Monday that three daily round-trip flights will be running by October 13, and a fourth will begin November 2. Southwest says it will sell a limited number of seats on those flights for $99 or less each way.
The flights start once federal restrictions on Dallas Love Field expire October 13. A law passed in 1979 blocked nonstop flights out of Love Field unless the destination was within Texas or one of its adjoining states.
The airline also announced it will soon be offering daily nonstop service between Las Vegas and Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Officer Known For Helping Others Needs Support
- Wounded Marine To Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- Middle-Schoolers Ceremoniously Vote To Remove Confederate General’s Name From School
- Horse Center Founder Explains Why He Shut Down Special Needs Program
- Exclusive Interview: Tony Romo Talks Surgery, Downplays Injury
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures