LAS VEGAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Southwest Airlines says it will be offering four round-trip flights each day between Las Vegas and Dallas Love Field Airport starting this fall.
The Dallas-based carrier announced Monday that three daily round-trip flights will be running by October 13, and a fourth will begin November 2. Southwest says it will sell a limited number of seats on those flights for $99 or less each way.
The flights start once federal restrictions on Dallas Love Field expire October 13. A law passed in 1979 blocked nonstop flights out of Love Field unless the destination was within Texas or one of its adjoining states.
The airline also announced it will soon be offering daily nonstop service between Las Vegas and Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Texas Girls Lead Police On High-Speed Chase In Grandma’s Car
- Behind Famed Hot Dog Contest, A Whopper Of A Legend
- Holiday Weekend Begins With Record $415 Million Mega Millions Jackpot
- Cowboys Jerry Should Grant McClain One More Wish
- Heat Center Hassan Whiteside Spurns Mavs To Stay In Miami
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures