DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – Shortly after 3:30 Tuesday afternoon Dallas Fire-Rescue responded to a 911 call for a man who was seen struggling to tread water in White Rock Lake, near the pedestrian bridge next to the Mockingbird Lane Dog Park.
Upon arrival witnesses stated they saw a man jump from the pedestrian bridge into the water approximately 40-50 yards off-shore.
As the man began swimming for the shore, two bystanders jumped in the water to try and render aid, but the man who jumped began to struggle, went under and never came back up.
Jason Evans with Dallas Fire & Rescue spoke with 1080 KRLD.
Currently, boats are in the water searching in the area where the man was seen last.
As of now there have been no findings, and Dallas PD’s Dive Team has been called out to assist.
Jennifer Lindgren (@JLindgrenCBS11) May 20, 2014
Reportedly, the water in that area is approximately 8 feet deep.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Chipotle Sales Fall Again As It Tries To Win Back Customers
- Top 5 Halloween Safety Tips You May Not Have Heard
- Concerns Over Straight Party Voting Issues Investigated, Explained
- Rangers Gear Frowned Upon At Arlington Polls
- FWISD Board Approves Measures To Try To Fix Failing Schools
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures