FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Safety concerns have TxDOT engineers taking another look at one of the busiest highways in North Texas. Drivers are complaining about a change on I-35W in North Fort Worth. It’s the northbound lanes just past Western Center Boulevard.
The far right lane has turned into an exit only lane.
“It just… I don’t know how to describe it,” says driver TereCarter, who is beyond frustrated. “You just go ahhhhhhhh grind your teeth, change lanes and hope nobody hits you.”
Rush hour commuters have dealt with two serious wrecks in two days on the stretch of highway. Drivers such as Carter says what makes the problem even worse is that there’s little warning before the switch.
“It comes on them so quick and there’s no signage that’s before it,” says Kenny Boner. “It is very frustrating.”
Other driver’s say a crash can lead to long delays.
“I’ve avoided Basswood as much as I can because of some of the changes that they’ve made to it,” says Joe Green.
Drivers say there needs to be more warning and signs. A spokesperson with TxDOT says crews are evaluating the lane shifts and will see if more signs are needed in the area.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas School Apologizes After 8th Graders Asked To List Positives Of Slavery
- Verne Troyer, Best Known As Mini-Me In ‘Austin Powers,’ Dies At 49
- Father Killed In Random Attack At Restaurant While Holding Daughter
- George H.W. Bush Wears Socks With Books To Honor Wife’s Commitment To Literacy
- Barbara Bush: ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures