DISD Home Rule Proponents Map Out Plan
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – There have been calls for change at the Dallas Independent School District for months, and that push could take a major step forward today. A small group mapped out the road for the district’s restructuring.
District officials are currently in the process of verifying tens of thousands of petition signatures from people in favor of restructuring the Dallas ISD to something more like a charter system.
Dallas attorney Mark Melton is leading a new group of people pushing for home rule. They went public on Thursday with a so-called guide to restructuring the Dallas ISD. They refer to it as a ‘home rule draft.’ The guide calls for term limits for school board members, and allows them to be recalled under certain conditions.
This is the first look at what proponents want in terms of leadership in the school district.
Thursday was also the deadline for having those petition signatures validated.
- Giant Foam Blocks Keep Bridge Approaches From Settling
- Mesquite Special Olympian Wins Silver Medal At World Games
- Changes To Come For S. Garland High School’s Crest
- Family Of Philip Wood Waiting For Confirmation On Plane Debris
- Fort Worth Police Say Suspended Officer Had Sex While On Duty
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures