DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The North Texas Tollway Authority will continue laying the groundwork on Wednesday for yet another highway expansion project in the Metroplex. The new project involves the Dallas North Tollway from the LBJ Freeway to the Sam Rayburn Tollway. That is more than 12 miles.
The improvement project includes adding a fourth lane from the George Bush Turnpike to Belt Line Road. Some of the existing connector ramps along the tollway will also be reconfigured. And light poles will be moved from the center median barrier to the outside shoulders.
The project is expected to start early next year and take three years to finish.
The North Texas Tollway Authority will meet on Wednesday to talk about seven pieces of land near the tollway in Plano, between Plano Parkway and Park Boulevard. The board will determine if they need the land to help with the Dallas North Tollway expansion.
- Pujols’ 3-Run HR Dooms Rangers
- Cowboys Target Pass Defense With Corners Awuzie & Lewis
- 6 Seriously Injured In 5-Vehicle Crash In Terrell
- The Deadly Consequences Of Cutting Probation Short
- Price Verdict Draws Strong Reactions From His Constituents
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures