OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Oklahoma State has been raking in the baseball honors.
The Cowboys clinched their first Big 12 regular-season baseball title last week.
On Tuesday, right fielder Zach Fish was named conference Player of the Year and Josh Holliday was named Coach of the Year.
Oklahoma State opens the Big 12 tournament play against Oklahoma on Wednesday with a shot at a sweeping the titles.
The Cowboys (41-14, 18-6 Big 12) expects a difficult road because the league is so balanced.
Coaches think Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, West Virginia Kansas and Texas should get into the NCAA tournament. They say No. 7 seed Baylor and No. 8 seed Oklahoma are dangerous, too, — and that’s why Holliday says the Cowboys can’t get ahead of themselves.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Eva Longoria Feeling “Grateful” After Giving Birth To First Child
- Body Of Child Washed Ashore Identified, Mother Arrested
- American Airlines Plans To Cut Some Management Jobs
- Cubs Closer Morrow Hurt His Back While Taking Off His Pants
- Bishop Of Catholic Diocese Of Fort Worth Talks Separated Child Immigrants
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures