OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Oklahoma State has been raking in the baseball honors.
The Cowboys clinched their first Big 12 regular-season baseball title last week.
On Tuesday, right fielder Zach Fish was named conference Player of the Year and Josh Holliday was named Coach of the Year.
Oklahoma State opens the Big 12 tournament play against Oklahoma on Wednesday with a shot at a sweeping the titles.
The Cowboys (41-14, 18-6 Big 12) expects a difficult road because the league is so balanced.
Coaches think Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, West Virginia Kansas and Texas should get into the NCAA tournament. They say No. 7 seed Baylor and No. 8 seed Oklahoma are dangerous, too, — and that’s why Holliday says the Cowboys can’t get ahead of themselves.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top 5 Things You’re Paying Too Much For
- Deep Ellum’s Violent Crime Spike Has People On Edge
- Tyson Recalls 65 Tons Of Chicken Nuggets
- Houston’s J.J. Watt Could Be Out For The Season
- Man Tries To Record Police Brutality, Helps Officer Instead
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures