OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – TCU hung on to beat Baylor 8-5 on the opening day of action at the Big 12 baseball tournament Wednesday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The Horned Frogs led 8-0 before the Bears rallied and scored a run in the top of the eighth inning and four in the top of the ninth.
TCU pitcher Jordan Kipper threw seven shutout innings for the Horned Frogs. He struck out seven, allowed just three hits and walked just one.
Cody Jones had three hits; Derek Odell, Garrett Crain and Jerrick Suiter had two hits and Keaton Jones knocked in three runs for the second-seeded Horned Frogs (39-15).
Lawton Langford knocked in two runs for seventh-seeded Baylor (24-30).
TCU will play West Virginia Thursday in a winners’ bracket game.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Looking For Suspect That Stole Credit Card From Elderly Woman After She Died In Her Car
- Rangers’ Diekman Out At Least Half Season Because Of Colitis
- Oklahoma State Student From Bedford Died Of Alcohol Poisoning, Enlarged Heart
- Cowboys Zeke & Dak Lead NFL All-Rookie Team
- Police: Kids Taken 31 Years Ago Found Alive In Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
OLAPIC SPORTS UGC: