KRLD — Texas shoppers purchasing certain energy efficient products will get a break from state and local sales taxes over Memorial Day Weekend.
The 2014 ENERGY STAR sales tax holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Monday.
The products qualifying for exemption are:
– Air conditioners priced at $6,000 or less
– Refrigerators priced at $2,000 or less
– Ceiling fans
– Incandescent and fluorescent light bulbs
– Clothes washers
– Programmable thermostats (certain models)
All qualifying products will display the ENERGY STAR logo. There is no limit to the number of eligible purchases one can make during this holiday.
Purchases made online — as well as layaway purchases — also qualify, but must meet specific requirements.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former President George H.W. Bush & Wife Barbara Hospitalized
- Execution Of Collin County Real Estate Agent’s Killer Reset
- Chris Arnold Stories: Wesley Snipes’ Mansion Trashed At Party
- Christie: Wife Refused To Move To Washington For Trump Post
- JPMorgan Chase Settles Mortgage Discrimination Lawsuit
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures