FORT WORTH (AP) – A federal judge has ordered a former North Texas high school journalism teacher to remain in custody in an investigation of alleged sexual exploitation of minors.
Gregory Bogomol of Fort Worth has been charged with possession of child pornography. A magistrate in Fort Worth on Wednesday declined to set bond for Bogomol, who resigned from Denton High School prior to being arrested last week.
Bogomol was charged after the parents of a 15-year-old Louisiana boy reported the youth received suggestive cellphone messages. Investigators say the boy was solicited to provide a nude photo and did, but refused to send more images. The 38-year-old Bogomol allegedly portrayed himself as a girl.
Prosecutors say a search of Bogomol’s home also turned up images of minors in sexually explicit conduct.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- AP-GfK Poll: Clinton Appears On Cusp Of Commanding Victory
- Improperly Coded Machines To Blame For Denton Co. Early Voting Issues
- Tarrant County Senior Citizen Dies From West Nile Virus
- 53 ‘Cruelly Treated’ Animals Rescued From Grayson County Property
- Commuters Excited About DART’s New Light Rail Lines
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures