OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Sheldon Neuse’s single in the bottom of the ninth inning scored two and gave Oklahoma a 9-8 win over Texas Tech that eliminated the Red Raiders from the Big 12 tournament Thursday.
Neuse’s single with the bases loaded and one out scored Craig Aikin and Colbey Carpenter. Aikin had four hits, Neuse knocked in four runs and Carpenter had three hits.
Kindle Ladd earned the win in one inning of scoreless relief for Oklahoma (29-28).
Tyler Nelsony had four hits and knocked in two runs for the Red Raiders (40-17).
Texas Tech led 8-3 heading into the bottom of the eighth inning. Cameron Smith, the losing pitcher, gave way to Dalton Brown in the bottom of the ninth, and Brown gave up the game-winning hit.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The Kingdom, Ring Of Honor Champs, Tells An Epic Wrestling Story
- Fired Mesquite Officer’s Attorney: ‘Politics And Fear’ Led To Dismissal
- Officials: Border Agent Shoots, Kills Alleged Illegal Immigrant After Being Attacked
- McDonald’s Not Ready To Let Go Of Plastic Straws
- Rockets To Honor Texas School Shooting Victims Before Game 5
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures