OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Sheldon Neuse’s single in the bottom of the ninth inning scored two and gave Oklahoma a 9-8 win over Texas Tech that eliminated the Red Raiders from the Big 12 tournament Thursday.
Neuse’s single with the bases loaded and one out scored Craig Aikin and Colbey Carpenter. Aikin had four hits, Neuse knocked in four runs and Carpenter had three hits.
Kindle Ladd earned the win in one inning of scoreless relief for Oklahoma (29-28).
Tyler Nelsony had four hits and knocked in two runs for the Red Raiders (40-17).
Texas Tech led 8-3 heading into the bottom of the eighth inning. Cameron Smith, the losing pitcher, gave way to Dalton Brown in the bottom of the ninth, and Brown gave up the game-winning hit.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flooding At North Texas Lakes Keeps Some Areas Of Parks Closed
- Starr Apologizes To Baylor Sex Assault Victims
- Fort Worth Man Convicted Of Choking Girlfriend Gets 80 Years In Prison
- Welcome To Texas: The Dallas World Aquarium
- Report: Rougned Odor’s Suspension Reduced By One Game
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures