30 Residents Displaced By Fort Worth Apartment Fire
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — An estimated 30 residents have been displaced from their Fort Worth apartments after a two-alarm fire ripped through the building on Thursday night.
The Fort Worth Fire Department was called to an apartment fire on Courtney Drive, overlooking I-30 near Loop 820 around 10 p.m.
Firefighters initially launched an interior attack, but were forced out of the apartments as the fire quickly spread through the roof and into the attic.
The fire was finally contained just before 11 p.m. with the help of approximately 70 fire personnel.
One civilian received minor injuries in the incident, a non-life threatening laceration from jumping a fence to escape the fire.
Eight units were destroyed in the building.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Free Legal Help For Veterans In Dallas This Month
- City Of Dallas “Underestimated Traffic” Surrounding Mini-Series Shoot
- Fort Worth Moving Forward With Plans For District 6 Police Headquarters
- Mesquite Paints Ball Fields Pink
- Top Fantasy Pickups For NFL Week 5
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures