30 Residents Displaced By Fort Worth Apartment Fire
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – An estimated 30 residents have been displaced from their Fort Worth apartments after a two-alarm fire ripped through the building on Thursday night.
The Fort Worth Fire Department was called to an apartment fire on Courtney Drive, overlooking I-30 near Loop 820 around 10 p.m.
Firefighters initially launched an interior attack, but were forced out of the apartments as the fire quickly spread through the roof and into the attic.
The fire was finally contained just before 11 p.m. with the help of approximately 70 fire personnel.
One civilian received minor injuries in the incident, a non-life threatening laceration from jumping a fence to escape the fire.
Eight units were destroyed in the building.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jordy Nelson, Matt Asiata And Aaron Rodgers
- Bush Hosts 4th Annual Warrior Open
- 80 People Could Have Been Exposed To Ebola
- Texas Orders Family Of Ebola Patient To Stay Home
- Ebola Concerns Keep 5 DISD Students At Home
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures