DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) — Mark Cuban has never shied away from expressing his true feelings about the San Antonio Spurs.
There’s respect, sure. But the I-35 rivals have been a part of some epic (and chippy) playoff series in Cuban’s tenure in Dallas.
Spurs center Tim Duncan, who entered the league three years before Mark Cuban acquired the Mavs, has been a key part of the Spurs’ four title runs. Cuban has had enough of the 7-footer.
On Ben & Skin on 105.3 The Fan on Friday, Cuban gave his prediction for the remainder of the NBA playoffs:
“I want San Antonio to win. I want Tim Duncan to hit a game-winning shot to win in Game 7. Then go to the finals and do the exact same thing — hit a game-winning shot in Game 7…run down the tunnel, never to be seen again. I want him to retire on the spot. I hope he gets that last ring and it’s all the incentive he needs to retire.”
The Spurs lead 2-0 and look destined to reach the finals for a second straight year. Duncan may not even need to hit a Game 7 game-winner to reach the finals.
But another title? Cuban might just get his wish.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NBA Opens Investigation Into Rockets-Clippers Incident
- Police In Bedford Shoot & Kill Suspect After Suspicious Person Call
- Energizer Spends $2 Billion To Acquire Rayovac Battery Brand
- Icy Roads To The Southeast, But Winter Storm Misses The Metroplex
- “Oh Happy Day” Gospel Star Edwin Hawkins Dies At 74
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures