AUSTIN (AP) – Texans have a final day to vote early for next Tuesday’s primary runoff election.
Early voting ends Friday.
Texans, who began early voting on Monday, will decide Republican and Democratic races from the March 4 primaries where no candidate had a majority.
One big GOP race is for lieutenant governor.
Incumbent David Dewhurst finished second in the primary as he seeks to keep the job he’s had since 2003. State Sen. Dan Patrick outdistanced Dewhurst by 13 percentage points in the primary.
The winner faces Democratic state Sen. Leticia Van De Putte of San Antonio in the Nov. 4 election.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- United Airlines Halts Pet Shipments After Several Animal Mishaps
- ‘Heroic’ School Faculty Rescue Crash Victim From Burning Car
- Package Headed For Austin Explodes At FedEx Facility Near San Antonio
- Oklahoma’s Trae Young Leaving For NBA After Freshman Season
- Bomb Carnage Across Texas Now Random; Arrest Doesn’t Appear Close
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures