Early Voting For Texas Runoffs Nears End
Get Breaking News First
AUSTIN (AP) - Texans have a final day to vote early for next Tuesday’s primary runoff election.
Early voting ends Friday.
Texans, who began early voting on Monday, will decide Republican and Democratic races from the March 4 primaries where no candidate had a majority.
One big GOP race is for lieutenant governor.
Incumbent David Dewhurst finished second in the primary as he seeks to keep the job he’s had since 2003. State Sen. Dan Patrick outdistanced Dewhurst by 13 percentage points in the primary.
The winner faces Democratic state Sen. Leticia Van De Putte of San Antonio in the Nov. 4 election.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mark Cuban Supports Jerry Jones’ Sideline Appearance
- Apple CEO Tim Cook “Proud To Be Gay”
- West Getting New Schools After Explosion
- NHTSA Pushes Air Bag Maker On New Parts
- Apple Pay Rival Defends Service
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures