Early Voting For Texas Runoffs Nears End
AUSTIN (AP) - Texans have a final day to vote early for next Tuesday’s primary runoff election.
Early voting ends Friday.
Texans, who began early voting on Monday, will decide Republican and Democratic races from the March 4 primaries where no candidate had a majority.
One big GOP race is for lieutenant governor.
Incumbent David Dewhurst finished second in the primary as he seeks to keep the job he’s had since 2003. State Sen. Dan Patrick outdistanced Dewhurst by 13 percentage points in the primary.
The winner faces Democratic state Sen. Leticia Van De Putte of San Antonio in the Nov. 4 election.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Parsons Leads Mavs Past Pistons 117-106
- Stars Blank Canucks 2-0 Behind Lehtonen
- Frazier Leads SMU Past Illinois-Chicago 67-46
- Texas Women Top McNeese State 76-59
- Sony Pictures Pulls Plug on ‘The Interview’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures