Texas Beats OSU In Big 12 Baseball Tourney
Sports Fan Insider
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Dillon Peters and Parker French combined for a shutout, and Texas defeated top seed Oklahoma State 3-0 in the Big 12 tournament Thursday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Peters pitched five innings and allowed four hits to earn the win. French pitched four innings and allowed just one hit to earn the save for the fifth-seeded Longhorns (38-16).
Kacy Clemens knocked in all three runs for No. 5 seed Texas, which advanced to Saturday’s action and needs just one win to reach Sunday’s final. Clemens’ bases-loaded hit in the eighth scored two to give the Longhorns a 3-0 lead.
Jon Perrin got the loss for Oklahoma State (42-15), despite allowing just one run on five hits in 6 1/3 innings.
Oklahoma State will play Oklahoma in an elimination game Friday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Insurers Find Ways To Discourage Sick From Obamacare Enrollment
- Samford’s Coach Sullivan Not Making Trip To TCU
- Lightweight Warriors Provide UFC 177 Co-Main Event Fireworks
- Most Impactful Injuries Of The 2014 NFL Preseason
- DPD Officer May Have Ignored Screams For Help
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures