OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Dillon Peters and Parker French combined for a shutout, and Texas defeated top seed Oklahoma State 3-0 in the Big 12 tournament Thursday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
Peters pitched five innings and allowed four hits to earn the win. French pitched four innings and allowed just one hit to earn the save for the fifth-seeded Longhorns (38-16).
Kacy Clemens knocked in all three runs for No. 5 seed Texas, which advanced to Saturday’s action and needs just one win to reach Sunday’s final. Clemens’ bases-loaded hit in the eighth scored two to give the Longhorns a 3-0 lead.
Jon Perrin got the loss for Oklahoma State (42-15), despite allowing just one run on five hits in 6 1/3 innings.
Oklahoma State will play Oklahoma in an elimination game Friday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 44-Year-Old Man Accused Of Molesting 4 Keller ISD Students
- Peter Kostis On Pebble Beach: ‘No Better Place In The World For Golf’
- Brazil & University Of Texas Reach Deal On Zika Vaccine
- Arraignment Set For Oklahoma Man In Co-Worker’s Beheading
- Congress Likely To Give Final OK To Local Internet Tax Ban
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures