Fort Worth Kids Make Lemonade For Charity
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – We’ve all heard the saying ‘when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Some area kids say when you have the lemonade, you make a lot of money…for a good cause.
The idea came from a group of mini entrepreneurs. They call themselves the “Colonial Kids for a Cause”. Every year they set up right near the Colonial golf tournament in Fort Worth and sell lemonade, water, and t-shirts.
The money then goes to charity, this year they’ve chosen an organization called First Tee.
The kids have received more than six thousand dollars from area sponsors, and every extra dollar they make just sweetens the pot.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remembering West Fertilizer Explosion 2 Years Later
- Hurst Woman Murdered In Apparent Domestic Dispute
- Stormy Weather Brings Dark Clouds To ACM Awards Events
- Prayer Service & Candlelight Vigil 2 Years After West Plant Explosion
- Dallas Homeowners File Suit Against Builder Of LBJ Expressway
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures