FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – We’ve all heard the saying ‘when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Some area kids say when you have the lemonade, you make a lot of money…for a good cause.
The idea came from a group of mini entrepreneurs. They call themselves the “Colonial Kids for a Cause”. Every year they set up right near the Colonial golf tournament in Fort Worth and sell lemonade, water, and t-shirts.
The money then goes to charity, this year they’ve chosen an organization called First Tee.
The kids have received more than six thousand dollars from area sponsors, and every extra dollar they make just sweetens the pot.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cat Fired From Job At White Settlement Library
- Fatal Tesla Crash Could Hurt Sentiment On Driverless Cars
- Ex-Cowboy C.J. Spillman Convicted Of Sexual Assault
- NFL Commish Goodell’s 2015 Salary Was a Little Over $31 Million For 2015
- Durant Meets With Thunder To Kick Off Free Agency Tour
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures