FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – We’ve all heard the saying ‘when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Some area kids say when you have the lemonade, you make a lot of money…for a good cause.
The idea came from a group of mini entrepreneurs. They call themselves the “Colonial Kids for a Cause”. Every year they set up right near the Colonial golf tournament in Fort Worth and sell lemonade, water, and t-shirts.
The money then goes to charity, this year they’ve chosen an organization called First Tee.
The kids have received more than six thousand dollars from area sponsors, and every extra dollar they make just sweetens the pot.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Family Overcomes Grief, Shares Inspiring Adoption Story
- Sanitary Sewers Overflowing In Plano
- Michigan Outlasts Texas 78-72 In Bahamas
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- Blair Wins 700th Game As No. 10 Texas A&M Women Beat Cal
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures