FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – We’ve all heard the saying ‘when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. Some area kids say when you have the lemonade, you make a lot of money…for a good cause.
The idea came from a group of mini entrepreneurs. They call themselves the “Colonial Kids for a Cause”. Every year they set up right near the Colonial golf tournament in Fort Worth and sell lemonade, water, and t-shirts.
The money then goes to charity, this year they’ve chosen an organization called First Tee.
The kids have received more than six thousand dollars from area sponsors, and every extra dollar they make just sweetens the pot.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fernandez’s Family & Friends To Attend Funeral Mass
- Cellphones Spill Into Yellowstone’s Wilds Despite Park Plan
- Banned Rose Appeals To Hall Of Fame For Eligibility
- “NCIS” Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies At 50
- Trump Keeps Debate Approach Despite Harsh Reviews
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures