ARLINGTON, TX (AP) — An associate professor of communications at the University of Texas at Arlington has been suspended with pay after being accused of money laundering.
Denton police arrested Eronini Megwa and his wife Susan Jenevive Megwa this week following a two-year investigation of Megs Discount Pharmacy. Susan Jenevive Megwa owns the pharmacy and Eronini Megwa received regular paychecks from the business.
Investigators say the pharmacy was known as a place to receive medications using phony prescriptions. They were tipped off when the pharmacy was mentioned in drug arrests. A journal of cash transactions obtained during a search of the couple’s home also showed $223,000 was wired to Nigeria from the pharmacy in 2011 and 2012.
Police say the couple has bonded out of jail.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Ivanka Trump Heads To Berlin For Women’s Conference
- Passengers In Viral Airline Videos Have Same Lawyer
- Hail Damage To City Vehicles Causes Trash Delays In Plano
- SWAT Subdues Suicidal Man Waving A Sword
- George H.W. Bush To Remain In Hospital ‘A Few More Days’
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures