DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A former marine’s tour of duty was over years ago, but a wish to serve, has him walking across the country. CBS 11 caught up with Josh Lydell as he walked through Dallas on Sunday.
He has been walking on America’s roads since March 3rd when he left Charleston, South Carolina, trying to drum up attention for the Wounded Warrior Project.
Lydell says he has lost count of how many pairs of shoes he’s gone through over the last 11-hundred miles, and when he needs a little pick me up, he just thinks about those he has met along the way.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Officer Dies, Another Critical After Home Depot Shooting
- College Newspapers Across US Campaign To Secure Their Future
- Father Turns In Son Who Stole Guns From Law Enforcement
- Can Democrat Beto O’Rourke Beat Republican Ted Cruz?
- George H.W. Bush Tweets His Thanks To Houston
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures