North Texans Gather Relief for Bosnia
WYLIE, TX (CBSDFW.COM) – More than 6-thousand miles separate a North Texas community from their loved ones left with nothing after massive floods in the Balkans, but, the distance isn’t keeping them from lending a helping.
Members of the Bosniaks Islamic Center in Wylie, TX have been coming together, packing trucks full of supplies and food to send to Bosnia.
The raging floods that swept through the Balkans have killed 44, and displaced thousands.
So this Bosnian community is rolling up its sleeves and opening up its pockets to send loved ones any relief they can.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- High School Athletes Shoot For Clean Bill Of Health Before School
- Trains Silencing Horns Through Downtown Mesquite
- Mavs Sign First Round Draft Pick Justin Anderson
- Frisco Police Investigating Deadly Shooting
- Once MLB Trade Deadline Dust Settles, Your Fantasy Roster May Need Some Tweaks
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures