LEWISVILLE, TX (AP) — Two people are dead after the motorcycle they were riding went out of control and crashed into a guardrail in North Texas.
Police in Lewisville say witnesses reported the motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed as it weaved through traffic Saturday evening on Interstate 35 East. The driver lost control in the southbound lanes shortly before 9 p.m. and veered into the guardrail.
Police Lt. Dan Rochelle says the driver and passenger were not wearing helmets and died at the scene. They have not been identified by authorities.
The southbound lanes of I-35 were closed following the accident.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Community Reacts To Discovery Of Body Near Missing 3-Year-Old’s Home
- 1 Person Shot To Death Near Fair Park While Sitting In Vehicle
- Justin Timberlake To Headline Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Elliott’s 3 TDs, 219 Yards Lead Cowboys Past 49ers 40-10
- Body Of Small Boy Washes Ashore On Galveston Beach
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures