LEWISVILLE, TX (AP) — Two people are dead after the motorcycle they were riding went out of control and crashed into a guardrail in North Texas.
Police in Lewisville say witnesses reported the motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed as it weaved through traffic Saturday evening on Interstate 35 East. The driver lost control in the southbound lanes shortly before 9 p.m. and veered into the guardrail.
Police Lt. Dan Rochelle says the driver and passenger were not wearing helmets and died at the scene. They have not been identified by authorities.
The southbound lanes of I-35 were closed following the accident.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FWISD Board Approves Measures To Try To Fix Failing Schools
- Police Investigate Drive-By Shooting Outside Elementary School
- Google Fiber Halts Expansion Plans In Texas
- High Turnout Continues The Second Day Of Early Voting In North Texas
- Voter Error Blamed For Problems With Machines
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures