LEWISVILLE, TX (AP) — Two people are dead after the motorcycle they were riding went out of control and crashed into a guardrail in North Texas.
Police in Lewisville say witnesses reported the motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed as it weaved through traffic Saturday evening on Interstate 35 East. The driver lost control in the southbound lanes shortly before 9 p.m. and veered into the guardrail.
Police Lt. Dan Rochelle says the driver and passenger were not wearing helmets and died at the scene. They have not been identified by authorities.
The southbound lanes of I-35 were closed following the accident.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump Backers Cry Foul Over Loss At Arizona GOP Convention
- People In Lindale Clean Up After And Relive Friday Tornado
- Sixth Victim Found Dead From Palestine Flooding
- Minors Injured In Church Van Crash In Fort Worth
- Dallas Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures