LEWISVILLE, TX (AP) — Two people are dead after the motorcycle they were riding went out of control and crashed into a guardrail in North Texas.
Police in Lewisville say witnesses reported the motorcycle traveling at a high rate of speed as it weaved through traffic Saturday evening on Interstate 35 East. The driver lost control in the southbound lanes shortly before 9 p.m. and veered into the guardrail.
Police Lt. Dan Rochelle says the driver and passenger were not wearing helmets and died at the scene. They have not been identified by authorities.
The southbound lanes of I-35 were closed following the accident.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures