DENTON, Texas (AP) – Two people have been killed and five others injured when a vehicle crossed the center line in North Texas and struck two oncoming motorcycles.
Texas Department of Public Safety Sgt. Lonny Haschel says it’s not clear what caused the Toyota to veer into the northbound lane late Sunday afternoon northwest of Denton.
The driver of one motorcycle, 53-year-old Thomas Garcia of Ardmore, Oklahoma, died at the scene. His passenger, 33-year-old Cassie Turner, also of Ardmore, died later Sunday at a hospital.
Two people on the second motorcycle suffered serious injuries. A third motorcycle traveling with the others was able to avoid the collision.
The driver of the Toyota and her two passengers – another adult and a 6-year-old child – were in stable condition Monday. The three are from Weatherford, west of Fort Worth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Obama Grants Disaster Declarations For 25 Texas Counties
- Prestonwood Baptist Church Hosting Tim Tebow’s ‘Night To Shine’
- Six Flags Expanding With New Water Park In Mexico
- President Obama Sends Congress Record $4.1 Trillion 2017 Spending Plan
- Texas Allowing Transgender Inmates To Start Hormone Therapy
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures