DENTON, Texas (AP) – Two people have been killed and five others injured when a vehicle crossed the center line in North Texas and struck two oncoming motorcycles.
Texas Department of Public Safety Sgt. Lonny Haschel says it’s not clear what caused the Toyota to veer into the northbound lane late Sunday afternoon northwest of Denton.
The driver of one motorcycle, 53-year-old Thomas Garcia of Ardmore, Oklahoma, died at the scene. His passenger, 33-year-old Cassie Turner, also of Ardmore, died later Sunday at a hospital.
Two people on the second motorcycle suffered serious injuries. A third motorcycle traveling with the others was able to avoid the collision.
The driver of the Toyota and her two passengers – another adult and a 6-year-old child – were in stable condition Monday. The three are from Weatherford, west of Fort Worth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Does Ezekiel Elliott Deserve Six Game Suspension?
- Fort Worth Crews Battling 3-Alarm Warehouse Fire
- Steve Bannon Out As White House Chief Strategist
- Six Flags Over Texas Pulls All Non-American Flags Including Confederate States Flag
- Texas Unemployment Rate Improves To 4.3 Percent, Same As US
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures