DENTON, Texas (AP) – Two people have been killed and five others injured when a vehicle crossed the center line in North Texas and struck two oncoming motorcycles.
Texas Department of Public Safety Sgt. Lonny Haschel says it’s not clear what caused the Toyota to veer into the northbound lane late Sunday afternoon northwest of Denton.
The driver of one motorcycle, 53-year-old Thomas Garcia of Ardmore, Oklahoma, died at the scene. His passenger, 33-year-old Cassie Turner, also of Ardmore, died later Sunday at a hospital.
Two people on the second motorcycle suffered serious injuries. A third motorcycle traveling with the others was able to avoid the collision.
The driver of the Toyota and her two passengers – another adult and a 6-year-old child – were in stable condition Monday. The three are from Weatherford, west of Fort Worth.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arlington Woman Tells Police That She Killed Her Fiance
- Avalanche Rally Past Stars In Preseason Action
- Congress Tied Up In Partisan Knots Over Basic Duty
- Gomez Homers In 8th, Rangers Rally Again To Beat Brewers 8-5
- Safety On The Minds Of Ride Operators At State Fair
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures