HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM) — The rivalry is back — kind of.
Texas and Texas A&M will meet in the Houston regional of the NCAA baseball tournament on Friday at 3 p.m. at Reckling Park.
The winner of the double elimination series will move on to face the winner of George Mason and the region’s top seed, Rice.
TCU, who captured the Big 12 title on Sunday, earned the No. 7 overall seed and is the top seed in the Fort Worth regional. The Horned Frogs begin play against fourth-seeded Siena at Lupton Stadium on Friday at 7 p.m.
The winner advances to play the winner of the Dallas Baptist – Sam Houston State series.
The regionals will conclude by Monday, June 2, when the eight super regional hosts will be announced.
The 68th Men’s College World Series begins play June 14, at the TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska.
Oklahoma State, Kansas, and Texas Tech also received bids into the tournament, bring the Big 12’s presence to five teams. The SEC led all conferences with 10 selections.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Teacher Sues Austin After Officer Throws Her Down Amid Arrest
- Hooters In Dispute About Fort Worth Liquor License
- Local Veterans Service Group Praises Former Governor Rick Perry’s Newest Role
- Texas Scientist: Python Perplexing Maine City Actually An Anaconda
- Citizen Complaints Against Police Way Down In Denton
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures