Texas, Texas A&M To Meet In NCAA Baseball Regional
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM) – The rivalry is back — kind of.
Texas and Texas A&M will meet in the Houston regional of the NCAA baseball tournament on Friday at 3 p.m. at Reckling Park.
The winner of the double elimination series will move on to face the winner of George Mason and the region’s top seed, Rice.
TCU, who captured the Big 12 title on Sunday, earned the No. 7 overall seed and is the top seed in the Fort Worth regional. The Horned Frogs begin play against fourth-seeded Siena at Lupton Stadium on Friday at 7 p.m.
The winner advances to play the winner of the Dallas Baptist – Sam Houston State series.
The regionals will conclude by Monday, June 2, when the eight super regional hosts will be announced.
The 68th Men’s College World Series begins play June 14, at the TD Ameritrade Park Omaha in Omaha, Nebraska.
Oklahoma State, Kansas, and Texas Tech also received bids into the tournament, bring the Big 12’s presence to five teams. The SEC led all conferences with 10 selections.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington Hopes, College Champion Game Means National Attention
- Option Of Paper or Plastic May Be No More In Dallas
- Senator Ted Cruz Leans Toward 2016 Presidential Run
- Mexican Cartels Ramp Up Human Smuggling Business
- North Texans March In Labor Day Parade For Higher Wages
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures