Cruz On The Minds Of Republican Voters
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - Although U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz isn’t a candidate this election season, he remains on the minds of Republican primary voters deciding the highly charged race for lieutenant governor.
Susan Cartwright cast her ballot Tuesday in Aledo, west of Fort Worth, for state Sen. Dan Patrick, saying if he’s elected to replace incumbent David Dewhurst then she expects Patrick to follow in Cruz’s footsteps. She believes constitutional rights are being “whittled away” and firebrands like Cruz and Patrick are needed to maintain them.
Tim Shell of The Woodlands describes himself as a “Cruz guy” who voted for Patrick because it’s time for “patriots” to sweep out ineffective political leaders.
But Charles Jacobus of Houston says although he supports Cruz, he voted for Dewhurst because he believes Patrick sounds “like a mad old man.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Things You Missed: 2014 World Series, Game 7
- Mavs Look To Bounce Back In Home Opener
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Drew Brees, Cam Newton And Jimmy Graham
- Dez’s Domestic Violence Charge Still Pending In Dallas Court
- DeMarco Murray Wins NFC Award For 2nd Straight Month
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures