Darvish Scratched From Start Vs. Twins Due To Neck Stiffness
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn (CBSDFW.COM) – Texas Rangers starting pitcher Yu Darvish has been scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday against the Minnesota Twins due to neck stiffness.
Darvish reported the stiffness when he woke up this morning. He underwent treatment and reported some improvement but is still experiencing some stiffness.
Tonight’s starting pitcher has yet to be announced.
.@faridyu has been scratched from his scheduled start this evening vs the Twins due to neck stiffness. Tonight's starter is TBA.—
Texas Rangers (@Rangers) May 27, 2014
According to the Rangers, Darvish will undergo a precautionary MRI today in Minneapolis.
He started the 2014 season on the DL because of a similar issue.
Darvish is 4-2 with a 2.35 ERA in 9 starts in 2014. He has the American League’s fourth lowest ERA and ranks seventh with 71 strikeouts.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Wrong-Way Drivers Caught On Video Leaving AT&T Stadium
- Salmonella Tied To Cucumbers Sickens 9 In Texas
- Damaging Spring Floods Still Affecting Lakeside Businesses
- Public Shows Support For Police During ‘Back The Blue’
- Neighbor Heard Gunshots, Found Dentist Dead In Uptown Garage
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures