ARLINGTON (AP) – Arlington police say a suspected drunken driver crashed into a patrol car while an officer on DWI patrol was responding to a major accident call over the weekend.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the officer and the driver were treated and later released from a local hospital after the early Sunday.
The 53-year-old driver was arrested after being discharged and faces a charge of driving while intoxicated.
Police say the officer was traveling down a street when the driver pulled out in front of him from a side street.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Draft LB Leighton Vander Esch With Team’s First Pick
- North Texas Cities Fail To Test Safety Of Drinking Water
- Dallas Police Host Vigil To Honor Memory Of Officer Santander
- OU’s Mayfield Goes #1 In NFL Draft
- Dallas To Build Memorial To Lynching Of Allen Brooks
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures