FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) – City leaders in Frisco on Tuesday will vote on the plans for a giant multi-use facility that is to be the new home of the Dallas Cowboys. The future headquarters for ‘America’s Team’ will be along the Dallas North Tollway, surrounded by streets with names like Cowboys Parkway, Gridiron Road and Varsity Drive.
If the city’s Planning & Zoning Committee approves the plan to start development at the site, construction could begin as early as next month.
The site is 91 acres of land, and it will be used for much more than the Cowboys business headquarters and practice facilities. Frisco schools will also take advantage of two practice football fields, along with an indoor stadium that can seat some 12,000 people. There will be additional room for offices, retail stores, restaurants and a fitness club.
One of the things that city officials will be considering on Tuesday night is the amount of parking and access available for all of these attractions. According to the plan, about 1,500 parking spots will be located underground.
- President Trump Says Health Care Passage Will Be ‘Tough’
- Gary McCord On Quicken Loans National: ‘[TPC Potomac] Very Challenging’
- Texas Medicaid Cuts Leave Special Needs Kids Without Therapy
- Disney Says Robot Trump Will Speak At Florida Attraction
- Knicks, Phil Jackson Part Ways After Dismal 3-Year Run
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures