ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) — Rangers first baseman Prince Fielder underwent successful neck surgery on Tuesday, the team announced.
The surgery, which was performed by Dr. Drew Dossett at the Carrell Clinic in Dallas, was a cervical fusion of the C5-C6 discs in his neck. The team says the surgery “went as expected”.
The 30-year-old will require an extended period of rehabilitation and will likely sideline the first-year Ranger for the remainder of the 2014 season.
Fielder will remain at the clinic overnight and is expected to be discharged on Wednesday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- “Silent March” Planned For Downtown Dallas Friday
- After Turmoil Sanders, Mrs Obama, Warren Thrill Convention
- Hacker Targets Woman’s Amazon Account
- Rowlett Tornado Victim Displays His Anger With Insurance Company
- Texas Kidnapper Who Helped Find New Remains Sent To Oklahoma
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures