Rangers Fielder Has Successful Neck Surgery
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Rangers first baseman Prince Fielder underwent successful neck surgery on Tuesday, the team announced.
The surgery, which was performed by Dr. Drew Dossett at the Carrell Clinic in Dallas, was a cervical fusion of the C5-C6 discs in his neck. The team says the surgery “went as expected”.
The 30-year-old will require an extended period of rehabilitation and will likely sideline the first-year Ranger for the remainder of the 2014 season.
Fielder will remain at the clinic overnight and is expected to be discharged on Wednesday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Garland Skunk Tests Positive For Rabies
- Rangers Reinstate OF Adduci After Concussion
- Malfunctioning Warning Sirens Confuse Residents
- Thousands Of North Texas Students Are Homeless
- The CBSDFW Storm Team Blog: Driest Sept. on Record and Lake Levels Update for North Texas
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures