Rangers Fielder Has Successful Neck Surgery
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Rangers first baseman Prince Fielder underwent successful neck surgery on Tuesday, the team announced.
The surgery, which was performed by Dr. Drew Dossett at the Carrell Clinic in Dallas, was a cervical fusion of the C5-C6 discs in his neck. The team says the surgery “went as expected”.
The 30-year-old will require an extended period of rehabilitation and will likely sideline the first-year Ranger for the remainder of the 2014 season.
Fielder will remain at the clinic overnight and is expected to be discharged on Wednesday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Border Crisis Impacting North Texas Businesses
- Former Dallas Cowboy Robert Newhouse Dies At 64
- Chrysler Recalls Jeep SUVs For Ignition Switches
- Arlington Firefighter Home After Volunteering In Israel
- Toll Road Scofflaw Arrested For Outstanding Bill
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures